May’s plan to “suck it and see” has caused bells to ring within Government, but is it enough to calm the flow of discontent from the public view.
- Petition says Trump should not be invited to avoid embarrassing the Queen
- MPs must now debate motion after it attracted 900,000 names within 36 hours
- But Downing Street source dismisses petition as ‘a populist gesture’
- Says cancelling state visit would ‘undo everything’ May achieved in Washington
- Protests against Trump’s travel ban planned in cities across Britain today
What are your views.